France Charges Five Suspects over Nice Truck AttackWorld | July 22, 2016, Friday // 14:06| views
File photo EPA/BGNES
French anti-terrorism judges have formally charged five suspects of plotting the terrorist attack in Nice on July 14.
The five suspects were arrested in France after Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel rammed a truck into a crowd which enjoyed a Bastille Day fireworks display, killing 84 people and injuring more than 300, AFP reported on Friday.
A day earlier, Paris Prosecutor Francois Molins confirmed the arrests of five suspected accomplices of the truck attacker.
They are 22-year-old Franco-Tunisian Ramzi A., 37-year-old Tunisian Chokri C., 40-year-old Tunisian Mohamed Oualid G., 38-year-old Albanian Artan H., and his wife Enkeledja Z. who holds both French and Albanian nationality, AFP said.
None were known previously to intelligence services. Only Ramzi A. had a criminal record for robbery and drug offences.
Ramzi, Chokri and Oualid were charged with being accomplices to murder by a terror group. The Albanian couple and Ramzi faced a second charge, of providing Bouhlel with the gun he fired at police officers before he was shot dead.
While the Islamic State group claimed responsibility for the attack, investigators have not found direct proof of his allegiance to the militants, AFP said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!