Bush Turns Down Obama's Invitation to Ground ZeroWorld | May 4, 2011, Wednesday // 07:42| views
A ceremony will be held at Ground Zero, where the twin towers stood, to remember those who died in the co-ordinated attacks on 11 September 2001 and mark the killing of bin Laden. Photo by www.bigfoto.com
US former President George Bush has rejected his successor's invitation to join him at ground zero in New York City on Thursday to mark the killing of Osama bin Laden.
"President Bush will not be in attendance on Thursday," said the former president spokesman, David Sherzer.
"He appreciated the invite, but has chosen in his post-presidency to remain largely out of the spotlight. He continues to celebrate with Americans this important victory in the war on terror."
The White House did not confirm that the invitation had been made.
On Monday, White House officials said Mr. Obama would go to Lower Manhattan to visit the site of the World Trade Center and meet with families of the victims of the Sept. 11 attacks, which were masterminded by Bin Laden.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!