Mumbai Attacks Suspect Ready to Die after Guilty PleaWorld | July 22, 2009, Wednesday // 15:42| views
Mohammad Ajmal Amir Qasab, who is a Pakistani, faces 86 charges, including waging war on India, murder and possessing explosives. Photo by flickr.com
The main suspect in last year's attacks in the Indian city of Mumbai has told court he is ready to be hanged after admitting his role in the violence.
Mohammad Ajmal Amir Qasab's outburst came as prosecutors said he had changed his plea to guilty to secure lenience, the BBC reported.
Prosecutors want the trial to proceed but the defence says it should end if the court accepts his plea. A decision from the judge is now due on Thursday.
More than 170 people were killed in the November attacks, nine of them gunmen.
Qasab, who is a Pakistani, faces 86 charges, including waging war on India, murder and possessing explosives.
In May, he had pleaded not guilty to all charges.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!