Lockdown Measures to Be in Effect for Ten Days as of March 22 – Bulgaria’s Health MinisterHealth | March 18, 2021, Thursday // 11:24| views
The steep rise in cases of Covid-19 and hospitalizations are motivating us to impose restrictive measures for the whole country to be introduced from Monday for 10 days, Health Minister Kostadin Angelov announced today at a regular briefing on the spread of Covid-19.
- Visits to all dining and entertainment establishments are suspended, only home and office deliveries are allowed;
- All legal persons who run the dining facilities in the hotels should organise their activities in such a way as to ensure that guests have meals in their rooms;
- Visits to gaming venues and casinos are suspended;
- Visits to all outlets offering non-food products with commercial area of more than 300 sq.m are banned;
- An exception is allowed for establishments offering groceries in supermarket and hypermarket stores;
- Visits to shopping centers located in one or more buildings in which there are shops, establishments, retail outlets, and mall-type outlets,etc. will be suspended, exempt are grocery stores, medical institutions, pharmacies, drugstores, opticians, pet shops, banks, insurers, payment service providers, dry cleaning studios, offices of telecommunications operators, and other providers of communications services there.
- Congresses, conferences, seminars, competitions, trainings, team building activities, exhibitions and other public events in attendance form are suspended;
- Visits to gyms, venues for team activities, as well as private swimming complexes and swimming pools are suspended;
- All cultural and entertainment events – cinemas, museums, galleries, stage events, concerts, dance, creative and musical art classes, etc., are suspended;
- It is not allowed to organize and hold celebrations of a private nature – weddings, christenings, etc., with more than 15 people;
- All collective and individual sports events of a training and competitive nature for all age groups indoors and outdoors are held without an audience;
- Group tourist trips, organized transport excursions and group visits to tourist sites are suspended;
- It is forbidden to hold organized mass public events outdoors – celebrations, festivals, etc.;
- In all markets and markets, arrangement should be made for one-way movement and a distance of at least 1.5 m between customers, workers, as all are obliged to wear a protective face mask covering nose and mouth;
- In-person classes, including practices, traineeships, outdoor all classes, exams, dual training system, etc. are suspended in schools and support centres for personal development. The decision to switch over to training in an electronic environment at a distance is taken by the Minister of Education under the terms and conditions provided by the law;
- Group extracurricular activities and activities, interest activities, activities of interest, activities, etc. are suspended in an attendance environment. for all age groups;
- Extracurricular team activities and activities, interest clubs, etc. are suspended in in-person environment for all age groups;
- The in-person learning in the higher educational establishments is suspended, the exception is allowed for practical exercises in clinical disciplines; learning practice; clinical experience; pre-graduate internship and state exams of students in regulated medical professions from the majors of "Medicine", "Dental Medicine", "Pharmacy", "Health Care", as well as the state exams in all Higher educational establishments in strict compliance with the anti-epidemic measures;
- Attendance group classes in language centers, educational centers, etc. are suspended;
- Visits to kindergartens and crèches, as well as children's centers, clubs and others providing organized group services for children are suspended.
The minister stressed that the country is in an election campaign and urged all politicians not to turn the Covid-19 situation into part of their campaigning activities.
I call on the political leaders to take the necessary actions to prove their concern for every individual in the country, insisted Minister Angelov.
All measures will be described in detail in an order to be published today on the website of the Ministry of Health.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!