Bulgaria’s PM Offers Condolences to Turkish PM over Istanbul Terror AttackDiplomacy | January 12, 2016, Tuesday // 16:59| views
Paramedics carry a dead body after an explosion near the Blue Mosque in the Sultanahmet district of central Istanbul, Turkey, 12 January 2016. EPA/BGNES
Bulgaria’s Prime Minister Boyko Borisov has expressed condolences to his Turkish counterpart Ahmet Davutoglu over Tuesday’s terrorist bombing in Istanbul.
"On behalf of the Bulgarian Government and on my own behalf, please accept our deepest condolences to the families of those killed in the terrorist attack today in the heart of Istanbul,” Borisov said in a statement.
Bulgaria strongly condemns the new terrorist strike in Turkey and is sharing the grief for all the victims – Turkish and other nationals – of this unjustifiable act of violence, Borisov said.
Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said earlier that the attack in Istanbul’s Sultanahmet tourist district was carried out by a suicide bomber of Syrian origin.
Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Numan Kurtulmus told journalists the bomber was born in Syria in 1988 and that most of the casualties in attack were foreigners, according to Anadolu Agency. Kurtulmus confirmed earlier police reports that 10 people were killed and 15 others were injured in the blast.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!