Kozloduy NPP Transferred BGN 7 M to Westinghouse under Upgrade Program for Units 5, 6Energy | October 19, 2014, Sunday // 13:24| views
Photo by BGNES
Bulgaria’s Ministry of Economy and Energy specified that US company Westinghouse Energy Systems had been transferred over BGN 7 M under a program for the upgrade of units 5 and 6 of the Kozloduy nuclear power plant.
The media statement was published to dispel allegations that the money had been transferred under the project for a seventh unit at the Kozloduy-based N-plant.
Ivan Genov, former CEO of the Kozloduy NPP, told the Bulgarian National Radio Saturday that the payment had been transferred under a contract for the replacement of the command systems of the special corpus servicing units 5 and 6 as part of the program for the extension of their lifespan, stressing that it had nothing to do with the project for Kozloduy NPP unit 7.
Genov underscored that the contract had been signed in 2013 and was being implemented.
He made clear that the command system of the special corpus had to be replaced with equipment produced by Westinghouse.
Bulgaria’s Ministry of Economy and Energy also confirmed that the payment had been transferred to Westinghouse under a contract signed in 2013 for the upgrade of management and control systems of the special corpus servicing units 5 and 6 of the Kozloduy NPP.
According to the press office of the Ministry, the total value of the contract signed in 2013 with US company Westinghouse is USD 15 995 000 and it is to be implemented in the period 2013-2016.
The shareholder agreement for unit 7 of the Kozloduy NPP was signed with Westinghouse Electric at the end of the term in office of the socialist-led government of Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski.
The agreement was signed under the condition that it would only take effect after the approval of the new government.
The agreement envisages 30% participation of Westinghouse in the project company for unit 7 of the Kozloduy NPP, with the remaining 70% owned by the Kozloduy NPP.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!