Kristalina Georgieva To Be Taxation, Anti-Fraud CommissionerBulgaria in EU | September 10, 2014, Wednesday // 07:45| views
A draft line-up of the new European Commission, obtained by Reuters, shows that Bulgaria's Kristalina Georgieva would most likely be taxation and anti-fraud commissioner.
The final line-up of Jean-Claude Juncker's 28-strong team is expected to be announced on Wednesday at noon, so the draft is subject to change.
The draft of the new line-up is incomplete and does not mention nominees for some of the top positions - all former prime ministers - that have been put forward by EU governments.
However, given that EU governments have already formalized their nominees, those not mentioned on the list are expected to take on the most senior posts as "vice presidents". They include Finland's Jyrki Katainen and Estonia's Andrus Ansip.
Following is the draft list of posts and commissioners:
- Regional policy – Romania, Corina Cretu
- Foreign policy - Italy, Federica Mogherini
- Justice – Sweden, Cecilia Malmstrom
- Transport – Czech Republic, Vera Jourova
- Environment – Denmark, Margarethe Vestager
- Energy and climate change – Britain, Jonathan Hill
- Customs – Hungary, Tibor Navracsics
- Internet and culture – Cyprus, Chrystos Stylianides
- Migration, rights and internal affairs - Greece, Dimitris Avermaopoulos
- Agriculture - Ireland, Phil Hogan
- Trade – Germany, Guenther Oettinger
- Internal market – Poland, Elzbieta Biekowska
- Research and innovation - Spain, Miguel Arias Canete
- Taxation and fight against fraud - Bulgaria, Kristalina Georgieva
- Employment and social affairs - Portugal, Carlos Moedas
- Competition – Belgium, Marianne Thyssen
- Fisheries – Croatia, Neven Mimica
- Economic and monetary affairs - France, Pierre Moscovici
- Development - Slovakia, Maros Sefcovic
- Neighborhood policy - Austria, Johannes Hahn
- Youth and multilingualism - Malta, Karmenu Vella
- Health and food safety - Lithuania, Vyentis Andriukaitis
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!