Bisons In Sofia Zoo Were Poisoned

Society | September 5, 2014, Friday // 11:08|  views

Photo: BGNES

The two bisons that died in the Sofia Zoo this week have been poisoned, according to the Food Safety Agency, quoted by the 24 Chasa daily. 

Tests to established what poisoned them are still ongoing. The leading version is some type of fungus in the fodder, with which they were fed, but the version of deliberate poisoning is not excluded. 

According to the deputy chief of the Bulgarian Veterinary Association Krasimir Kamenov, quoted by the newspaper, it was somewhat likely that someone in the zoo deliberately poisoned the animals in order to discredit the long-time director of the zoo Ivan Ivanov.

Ivanov was dismissed by Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova on Thursday and was replaced by the head of the municipal company Ecoravnovesie, which is in charge of stray animals in the city.

The initial version that the 10 herbivorous animals that died in the zoo in the past several weeks were intoxicated by pesticides in the fodder, has been overruled.

We need your support so can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!

Tags: Sofia Zoo, bisons, animals, died, poisoned, fodder


» Related Articles: