Bulgaria Boasts Progress in Burgas Bombing InvestigationCrime | July 23, 2013, Tuesday // 15:12| views
Bulgarian Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev. Photo by BGNES
There has been progress the investigation of last year’s terror attack in Bulgaria’s Black Sea city of Burgas, Bulgarian Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev has stated.
“I hope that we will continue in this direction and achieve better results within a short period,” Yovchev told reporters, refusing to set a specific deadline for the investigation.
The Bulgarian Interior Minister said his country was not the one that convinced the rest of the EU to blacklist Hezbollah’s military wing. He noted that the terror attack in Burgas was not the sole reason for including the Lebanese organization’s armed wing in the bloc’s list of terrorist entities.
EU’s Foreign Affairs Council decided on Monday to put the armed wing of Hezbollah on the EU's list of terrorist organizations.
The decision comes one year after the July 18 tragic incident at the Burgas airport, which killed seven, including five Israeli tourists, the Bulgarian bus driver, and the perpetrator of the attack.
According to a recent report, investigators have discovered that a Hezbollah operative was the owner of a printer used to produce fake documents that facilitated the bus bombing in Burgas,
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!