Lebanon Disappointed with EU Decision to Blacklist Hezbollah's Armed WingBulgaria in EU | July 22, 2013, Monday // 17:00| views
Lebanese Foreign Minister Adnan Mansour. Photo by shiapost,com
Lebanese Foreign Minister Adnan Mansour has criticized the European Union's decision to place the military wing of Hezbollah on its terror list, calling it a "rash move".
"Lebanon expected the EU to wait with this move so there would not be negative consequences for the country,” Mansour said, as cited by Ynetnews.
Mansour added that Lebanon is now evaluating how it should respond to the decision. Earlier Monday, German Foreign Minister Guido Westerwelle said that decision will have no effect on Lebanon's stability.
EU's Foreign Affairs Council decided on Monday to put the armed wing of Hezbollah on the EU's list of terrorist organizations.
The decision comes one year after the July 18 tragic incident at the Sarafovo airport, which killed seven, including five Israeli tourists, the Bulgarian bus driver, and the perpetrator of the attack.
In February 2013, Bulgaria's then-Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov, suggested that the evidence collected by the investigating authorities led to a "reasonable assumption" about the involvement of the Lebanese militant group in last year's terror attack at the Burgas airport.
Bulgaria's current Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev made clear recently that additional evidence had been uncovered confirming the initial hypothesis.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!