Berbatov Happy at Fulham, May Snub MonacoSports | May 26, 2013, Sunday // 19:31| views
Photo by BGNES
Fulham striker Dimitar Berbatov has told Bulgarian reporters that would be happy to stay at the club.
However, the 32-year-old did not directly rule out leaving Craven Cottage this summer.
Berbatov admitted on Sunday that he has heard about French side Monaco’s alleged intention to sign him.
“Monaco is a nice place, I haven’t been there yet, but we’ll see. I love England, people respect me there. It’s one of the best leagues in Europe,” Berbatov said, as cited by BGNES.
“We’ll see what will happen, but I am happy in Fulham under Martin Jol,” he said.
Berbatov scored two goals in a charity game aiming to raise money for the treatment of children diagnosed with leukemia. The game was dedicated to former Aston Villa captain Stiliyan Petrov.
“I have already told Stiliyan that he is a real fighter. He has proven it, and continues to prove it. He knows that we support him,” the Bulgarian forward said, referring to his compatriot.
Petrov announced earlier in May that he is quitting professional football as he continues his fight against leukemia.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!