Boston Suspect: Marathon Carnage Revenge for US WarsWorld | April 24, 2013, Wednesday // 06:59| views
Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, was arrested late on Friday when he was found seriously injured in a suburban backyard after a huge manhunt. Photo by FBI
Тhe surviving suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings has said the US wars in Afghanistan and Iraq were the motivating factors behind last week's attack, CNN reported, citing US government official.
Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has been able to communicate with investigators in a limited fashion from his hospital bed and told them that neither he nor his brother Tamerlan, now dead, had any contact with terrorist groups overseas.
The official cautioned that the interviews were preliminary, however, and that Tsarnaev's account needs to be checked out.
The 19-year-old has told investigators the brothers were self-radicalized via the Internet.
Investigators also are looking into whether the online English-language magazine Inspire, put out by Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, was used for instruction on how to make the bombs, but another source cautioned that other outlets could have provided that information.
The twin bombs which exploded near the finishing line of the marathon killed three people and injured more than 200.
Of those injured, 13 lost limbs. More than 50 people remain in hospital, three of them in a critical condition.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!