Norway Police Fear Second Utoya Attack Gunman Might Be At Large - ReportWorld | July 23, 2011, Saturday // 13:54| views
Aerial view of Norway's Utoya Island, the scene of Friday's horrific massacre. EPA/BGNES
Further unconfirmed reports have suggested that a second gunman was involved in Friday's shooting rampage on Norway's Utoya Island, which occurred shortly after the bomb attack in downtown Oslo.
Eyewitnesses of Friday's shooting rampage on Norway's Utoya Island have already said earlier on Saturday that there were two gunmen on the island.
Further "tweets" on social networks have provided information citing a Norwegian police spokesperson that the police fear the second shooter might be roaming free. This information has not been formally confirmed by Norway's authorities.
The unconfirmed eyewitness accounts have first been quoted by the Norwegian newspaper VG, as cited by the BBC, after early Saturday Norway's police said they had arrested only one suspect for both the bomb attack and the shooting spree, 32-year-old Anders Behring Breivik.
Latest data indicates that Breivik killed at least 84 people, mostly teenagers, in his shooting rampage at the Utoya Island where Norway's ruling Labor Party held a youth camp, and another 7 people in the bomb attack in downtown Oslo.
Breivik, described as a right-wing Christian fundamentalist, was reportedly dressed in a police uniform when he opened fire on the teenagers at the youth camp on the Utoya Island.
The shooting survivors quoted by the VG paper, however, are convinced that there was a second shooter on the island. They claim that they saw another man shooting at them who was not wearing a police uniform, and that they heard firing from two sides. Their accounts remain unconfirmed.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!