Facility Management in Bulgaria with BGN 1 B Annual Turnover

Properties | June 23, 2011, Thursday // 18:31|  views

The facility management business in Bulgaria generates a turnover of about BGN 1 B per year, according to data of the Bulgarian Facility Management Association.

About 40% of this turnover is generated by private companies, while the other 60% come from the maintenance of state institutions' buildings and facilities, announced Bisera Ivanova, CEO of Facility Optimum Bulgaria and a member of the governing board of the Bulgarian Facility Management Association, as cited by the Pari daily.

The figures were announced on Thursday on the occasion of the global day of facility management, an interdisciplinary field primarily devoted to the maintenance and care of commercial or institutional buildings.

In the facility management turnover generated by the Bulgarian private sector, the maintenance of office buildings has the largest segment – 35%; it is followed by the facility management of newly opened shopping malls and retail chains – 30%; the maintenance of residential complexes – 10%; maintenance of logistic parks and factories – 10%; and services for financial, utility, and telecom firms – 15%.

Complex facility management services can reduce annual maintenance cost for a building by 20%, according to Ivanova, but only under a contract for at least a three-year period.

The number of firms in Bulgaria which have transferred all of their maintenance services to a single supplier – including cleaning, repair works, security – is said to have grown by 20% in the past year.

We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!

Tags: Facility, facility management, logistics park, residential buildings, residential properties, office buildings, office space, Bulgarian Facility Management Association


» Related Articles: